By Cathy Yen
Posted on 4/29/2018 10:26 PM
Our May Centennial meeting is upon us already! Time moves quickly!
With just two Rotary months left in this 2017-18 year, we have some business to attend to! We'll need to present the 2018-19 budget to the Board in May so that it can be discussed and approved in June prior to the July 1 start of the year. What is a budget, after all, other than a financial representation of what we want to achieve?
With that in mind, we'll review our plans at our May 2, 11am meeting, affirm what we want to achieve, look at the numbers and determine what other resources we may need. We'll also talk about how we make things happen going forward. Some of our Centennial activities can be folded into our standing committees. Others may need separate meetings or teams. We'll discuss whether we need a separate meeting for Centennial or, once we get into the thick of it, Centennial becomes incorporated into our usual operations and governance.
The big issue still outstanding is what kind of party we want to have to kick-off the year. If we are fortunate enough to have a representative from Rotary International join us for our festivities, it is not likely that will happen until late 2019, or even early 2020, perhaps as a closing gala. That means the sky's the limit for our opening party. We started talking about what kind of party we'd like to have at our last meeting - but without resolution. Join us May 2 as we continue the conversation.
Here's our full agenda:
Centennial Team -
We're meeting this Wednesday at 11am, usual location.
1. Branding project status (Marc)
2. Kidz Express / Reverse Global grant update (Lesley)
3. Last look at Centennial budget before it gets folded into the 2018-19 budget to go before the board (All)
4. Kick-off Party - continue last month's discussions re theme, goal, location, etc. (Bob, All)
5. Discussion: do we have the resources to include a student-related activity (speech, essay or poetry contest, other) as part of Centennial festivities? (John, All)
6. Around-the-table: Update on other Centennial projects (All)
7. Centennial Meetings and leadership going forward (Cathy, All)
See you Wednesday.
Cathy & Charlie